I’m repeatedly perplexed as to how often the SMB market is disregarded. The major enterprise mobile software players want the elephants representing the “Who’s Who of the Global 2000”.
The reality is the needs of the midmarket are similar, sometimes identical, to the big guys with the exception of more complex infrastructures, bigger IT budgets and often times, a more robust IT department.
Reflecting over the past six years, I recognize how valuable we are to our midmarket customers and more importantly, how valuable our midmarket customers are to us! They rely on keen insight, strategic partnerships, guidance, flexibility, support and technical expertise.
Customers have adopted enterprise-grade platforms to overcome strategic roadblocks, simplify business processes, increase end-user adoption and reduce overall IT Help desk interactions.
Across the board, our midmarket customers have deployed enterprise solutions to solve critical mobility challenges across multiple verticals including healthcare, banking, finance, construction, and many others.
When they’re struggling to deploy enterprise mobility platforms, we work with our midmarket clients to ask some strategic questions:
- Do we have the appetite, infrastructure and bandwidth to support rolling out smart phones and tablets in our enterprise, and what will that model look like (CL, EL, COPE or BYOD)?
- Is there a tangible result that can be tied to this project to justify and measure its success? What does that success statement sound like?
- Do we know what we want our mobile enterprise to look like in 12, 24 or 36 months?
- Should we conduct a Risk Assessment to assure our tolerance aligns with our deployment model(s)? To BYOD or not to BYOD?
- Has a “Maturity Assessment” been conducted? Has the next phase of your mobility journey been considered? Needs, Timelines, Platforms, and Budgets?
- Are we aligned with a solution provider that understands our business enough to provide guidance and advice along this journey? Do we know what we don’t know?
Still find yourself grappling for the answers to these questions?
Schedule an appointment with us in Booth # 213 at Midmarket CIO Forum next month in San Antonio, or request to attend one of our boardroom sessions to learn more about how to become a MobileFirst organization.
Paul Troisi is Chief Customer Officer at Troy Mobility, a mobility solution provider specializing in Mobility & Cloud Consulting, Professional Services and Value-Added Reseller relationships that span the entire mobile ecosystem spectrum.